Sunday, November 06, 2005

Top 100 video games of all time

I'm not really a gamer, but when I saw that IGN had a list of the top 100 video games of all time I had to see how many of the titles I grew up with made the list. Looking at the dates of the titles on the list, most are from 1990 - 2000. Obviously the "golden age" of video games--which makes sense what with the NES and the rise of the PC in every home during that era.

Of course, I'm disappointed at the lack of early video games in the list. No Centipede, Dig Dug, Space Invaders, Frogger, Defender, QBert, Asteroids, Tempest, Donkey Kong, Missle Command, etc. These were the games that caused a revolution in software--since most of us who started writing code in the early 1980's did so to write games like the ones we saw in the arcade.

But then, I'm getting old..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home