Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's all about me

Another fantastic post by Kathy Sierra, this time about what your customers should be saying about themselves when they think they're talking about you.

I've been thinking a lot about use cases recently--trying to accelerate the discussion about what this or that system should be doing straight to the use cases so we can be clear about what we're really trying to build.

This article reminds me to not just think about what I want the customer to say my system does, but what I want the customer to say about themselves as a result of it. This is the opportunity to create excited users. When I deliver a system to a user, and they say things like "I did this or that" as a result of it--then I know I'm on the right track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home