Monday, November 05, 2007

What would you do with 20% of the rest of your life?

A while back I figured out that if I lived to be 80 years old, I only had about 17,000 days left to live. The point being, of course, to make most of it. I told my wife about this, and last night she reminded me. "How many days left do you have now, 15,000?" I said, "No, it hasn't been that long.." We figured it out, I'd said that to her about 6 years ago--more than 2,000 days ago! I thought about that a little more. That's 18% of the rest of my life (when the rest of my life was 17,000 days long).

One must make the most of the time left.

I have added a counter to this blog, on the right side bar, as a reminder of how many days left I have. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to turning 40 next year. As I see it, I've summited. I have no regrets for the past 40 years. I just have to make the most of the next..

2 Comments:

Blogger CatFood said...

If someone could tell you exactly when and how you were going to die, would you ask? I'm assuming, of course, that 80 is a hypothetical number based vaguely on statistics. :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I figure that if I'm still alive in 2048, it's time to call it quits.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home