Monday, November 19, 2007

Uptime

I believe my MacBook Pro running Leopard is close to setting a new personal best for me: almost 20 days of uptime.

13:38 up 19 days, 15:12, 2 users, load averages: 0.86 1.18 1.58
This is pretty good for a notebook computer. In this time I've taken it to the east coast and back, installed/removed various pieces of software, joined and unjoined various wired and wireless networks, and put it to sleep and woke it up one or more times each day.

I never got this sort of stability out of Tiger--I needed to reboot every few weeks for one reason or another. I never ever had this sort of stability with Windows. Installing software on Windows usually causes a reboot, yes? In fact, the Windows XP VM that is running on my MacBook was restarted last Thursday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've experienced the same thing. Tiger would need a reboot every week or two especially when using poatgres and mysql heavily. Leopard has been chugging along strong.

Unfortunately some things are much slower, like finder at times and as James pointed out an app's Help with the embedded search takes forever to load. Some apps seem to be crashing more also. For instance firefox just crashed while writing this comment. :) I suspect, however, that these things will get ironed out over time.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a MacBook Pro user worried about switching from OSx to Leopard....

any recommendations??

any bugs need to be worked out before committing?

Thanks!!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home