Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What does the world think of you?

Finding out what the world thinks of you is still pretty hard when you've got a common name like mine. There was once a time (pre-Google) when I could search for my name on the internet and actually find reference to me. Not any more. There's no mention of me in Google if I don't disambiguate the search with some other criteria in addition to my name.

If I was a famous person, or even a not-so-famous thing like a company or place (i.e. "Pelco" or "Reedley"), Googlism would find me. This service summarizes the search results for a term via Google and provides a perspective into what the Internet says about that term. I could see marketing types using this to understand what the world's perception is of a place/person/product. Interesting reading..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home